Wednesday, July 15, 2009

God is so good!

Well, I left Eden Valley on July 8 as planned. I almost missed my flight; I forgot to print out my boarding pass from the computer. Anyway, I did make it and I arrived in Atlanta a half hour early – thanks to the jet stream. My mom and my sister picked me up and we have had a grand time. I arrived on my sister’s birthday and will be leaving on my mom’s (July 16). I told them both that this was my birthday gift to each of them. We all laughed. Pictured is my sister, my brother-in-law, my mom and myself. I will be going to Tennessee on the 16th to see some friends and relatives. I will also be putting on some presentations there also hoping for some sponsorship. I be coming back to EVI on the 21st.

Frank sent me an email with Janet’s and my itinerary for our leave back to Africa. Janet will be here on the 29th (I was originally told the 28th, but that is when she leaves there). We will then leave on the 18th of August. She will be here only 3 weeks and then we will be returning. We have a convention to go to during those 3 weeks. Will we get everything done that we need to get done? By God’s grace we will.

Just received news from Frank who had talked with Janet; she had some good news. There were some men grading the road from a long way off and Janet asked if they could continue onto her property. For 350.00 of US funds they continued all the way to the new construction sight. God is so good! She also has all the gravel needed for the new Industrial School, which is the next building going up, and most of the sand. More sand will be coming when needed until project is completed. Currently, she is in Dar Salaam working on her new By Laws for her ministry over there.

I went to church Sabbath with some of my friends and we met at Callaway Gardens in west central Georgia. While setting up, there was a young lady feeding turtles with what appeared to be her two daughters. They asked if they would be in our way if they were quiet. My friends said no, we were just having church. Well, when church started, we started singing – I saw that she was singing with us even though her back was to us. I was silently praying for her, hoping she would gain an experience with the Lord by listing. After singing, the pastor asked for prayer requests and I raised my hand. I asked for prayer for the Lord’s guidance with me going to Africa and for financial support. This young lady was impressed after prayer to give a donation for the cause. I was so taken back that this person who don’t even know me, nor I her, would give a donation. I could understand if she were a “sister” but she did not appear to be one. I was just praising the Lord that he could and would use anyone to help. I put on a PowerPoint presentation and the people truly desired to help. I received some donations and promise of more coming. God is so good. I will be giving another presentation this afternoon where I used to work before coming to EVI. I will also be going to a prayer meeting tonight to put on another presentation.
Bye for now, Deniece

No comments:

Post a Comment