Thursday, October 1, 2009

The Floor is Poured

Today was a big day for the industrial school. The floor was being poured. We didn’t get the pipe to work to assure the fundis of enough water to pour a 4” thick 23’x71’ floor so we had to haul water. We had some 40 gallon drums (5 of them I think) and some tubs along with some 5 gallon buckets. We went down to the river and I stood on some rocks in the river filling the 5 gallon buckets and handing them to one of our men who in turn handed it to another man up the hill a ways and he took it to Janet who was standing in the back of her truck emptying them into the 40 gallon drums. We did this 4-5 times yesterday and twice today. The work was being done this morning and so we started hauling water yesterday. The water was enough and they finished this afternoon; looks good – now tomorrow they start laying bricks.

Yesterday I went out to the springs with 3 of our regular fundis and buried most of the 2” pipe. So all we have left to bury is about 50 meters on the end closest to the house and about 30 – 50 feet on the other end. These ends have to be connected to another end of a pipe and we are waiting for pipe or connectors to be able to complete the task.

The septic tank has about 6 more layers of bricks to go up and then they will finish plastering inside and out and fill in dirt on the outside. We also have to install the intake and output pipes in the septic at that time. Then the task of making the lid will be the next job. We are keeping busy with the jobs we have going.

Since I have been here I am amazed at the different bird calls I hear. I would like to get a bird book for this area (if they have one) and try to identify some of them. I would almost bet that one night I heard a whip-o-will. I only heard it once, but it sure sounded like it. Stan and I used to lie in bed and listen to them on into the night when we lived in Tennessee. It sounded so peaceful. The Lord is so good to give us things like that to enjoy and that will direct us to Him. If you haven’t experienced it lately, listening to the sound of the bird calls, try it some time soon; if you are sitting/lying and see if it doesn’t direct you to Him. My prayer is that it will and will bring you peace.

That’s it for now… Bye from Mago…

Deniece

1 comment:

  1. I'm not one to be proud of my possessions, but this one I am. Although not technically a possession, you are MY sister and I am proud to say it. You are doing our Father's business and I'm excited to read every blog! You could be a character in one of Eric B Hares stories with Sweet Sweet and Little Little away over in Burma 'cept your away over in Tanzania. You are still doing a man's job at 57 - and in your element. God Bless you Deniece. I miss you but am very happy to have you there doing such a good work. We pray for you and Janet daily.
    Dorothy

    ReplyDelete