Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Epicor Just Wasn’t Enough

I have come down with a cold from all the dust I have inhaled while working in the ditches and other places. It isn’t too bad. Yesterday, Thursday, was the worst. I started coming down with it on Wednesday, didn’t sleep real well Wednesday night and was in bed most of the day on Thursday. Thursday night I slept better but I was still in and out of sleep. Today, Friday, I am feeling better yet still not quite over it. I have been taking Epicor faithfully. I think I missed one day early on when I first got here. Other than that, I have taken it every morning at breakfast. Janet took one of the fundis back home to Kibidula today. His wife is due to deliver if she hasn’t already. So now, Janet can pick up some of our plumbing items that Jason got in Dar. She will be coming back early Sunday morning. Janet told me that she would have taken me with if I didn’t have a cold; which I understood because I wouldn’t want to give this cold to her grandkids. They evidently just got over having a cold. Anyway, today and Sabbath will be extra days to get over this thing so that I will be ready to work again next week when she gets back.

The days here have been hot. I think, the way Janet talks, that we got into the low 80’s last Sunday and possibly Monday. She says this is the hottest time of the year and as we near the end of October and on into November the temperatures will be dropping some. Then the rains start in mid to late November and continue most of the time through April into May. This is why we will be leaving in mid December to come home. We will then leave in May to come back. I have been thinking about it and am looking forward to coming home, but I am also thinking about coming back and am anticipation the return trip. There is so much going on that will keep one busy for a long time.

Our cooks are adjusting to using our wood burning stove in our kitchen. Their outside kitchen was not available to be used because of the work being done on our septic. The gravel, sand and cement were mixed right by the entrance to their kitchen so they had to make other arrangements. They both say that they like the wood burning stove and we are teaching them how to use the controls on the side. We are also teaching them how to do dishes with two wash basins and hot water. We are also working with them to keep the kitchen nice and clean unlike where they used to cook and do dishes. It’s new for them, but I think they will like it once they have gotten used to it; especially once we get the cupboards and kitchen sink installed with running hot and cold water. I know I am looking forward to it.

I guess that is all for now. Bye from Mago….

Deniece

1 comment: