Monday, September 21, 2009

Fundi’s Are Arriving

Today is Monday, September 21, and I have been in Tanzania for 1 month and 2 days. Come the 24th, Thursday, I will have been here in Mago for 1 month. It really has not been as bad as I had thought it would be. The Lord has given me strength each and every day and He has been with me this month also. When I am by myself (which is quite a bit) I find myself talking out loud to Him. I was doing that the other day going to the springs and a donkey sounded off just as I walked past him. He was loose in the brush and I didn’t see him. I knew it wasn’t the Lord answering me, but it did startle me and I didn’t know what it was at first.

We are starting at digging the footers on our Industrial School. The laborers (fundis) are starting to arrive yesterday from Kibidula. Some are coming by bus and others arrived with Janet. She went down there Sabbath so that on Sunday she can pick up some things for the project and load up with as many men as she can from there. They will be digging the footers and also laying the bricks. It should go up quite fast. They will also put in our septic tank and our sofa (made from bricks and then we will put cushions on them).

We laid out the 2” pipe in our ditch on Friday, but we ended up short about 100 meters. We are trying to locate some so we can finish the job. So far we haven’t found any we can get a hold of. We can order from Dar but it will take longer than we want to get it. We may have to anyway. When we get that pipe we will bring water to the house and also pipe it down to the construction site for their water needs during construction.

We are waiting on a quote from a guy who came the other day that is going to do the plumbing in the house. We want water here by the time he is ready to start so that when he is done we will have indoor plumbing. We have a 9 foot deep hole ready for septic tank construction also. So there are a lot of different things going on.

Janet has been meeting with our Bible Workers every morning at 7:00 to get a run down on what they are doing. There are several bible studies going on and lots of visitations. Today begins campmeeting in this area and some of the Bible Workers have gone to it. Two of the men have stayed for they are translators for us and with the new workers coming we needed at least one of them. They both decided to stay. Both our cook and the house boy (who cooks also) have left so we are trying to find another cook. We may be doing our own cooking, which will be alright if I can cook on the stove in the kitchen in the house instead of over a fire in the outside kitchen. We’ll have to see.

Bye for now from Mago…

Deniece

1 comment:

  1. Deniece,
    How very nice to hear that you are in Africa---I am very proud of you for doing something so exciting and out of the box. You must feel very close to God over there and so far away from everything familiar. Keep up the good work and know that we are all praying for your sucess. God Bless you,
    Ranelle Beal Palmer

    ReplyDelete