Monday, November 16, 2009

The Lord Came Through Again

I am sorry to all my avid readers that I haven’t written a blog lately. No real reason but I am going to give a couple . One is that I was waiting for Janet’s articles. I copied and tried to paste, come to find out she did it in Word 2007 and I have 2003 and could not convert the articles. So I asked her to cut and paste into an email and send it to me that way. Come to find out last night, she is having problems emailing and can’t do that either. So we will have to wait on that. Also it has been raining everyday and some days all day long. I charge my computer batteries but I Skype my sister who has been sick and use up all my battery for that. We used to have sunshine all day where I could charge my battery a couple times, but not much more. Yesterday was the first day in a month that it had not rained all day. It was beautiful, and I charged my battery twice. I am going to try and get me one of those extended batteries that last longer than one hour. Anyway that is my excuses for not writing, for whatever it is worth .

We have also been busy. The Mechanic/Carpentry shops are about done; doors needs to be installed, glass put in the windows, and the walls plastered. Cafeteria/Kitchen building also needs doors installed, glass in windows and walls plastered and it will be done. Of course, in both of these buildings, we need cabinets, benches/tables and shelves built, but the building themselves will be done. The 4-classroom building is going up; last of the bricks are being bought today. The ends of the building and the back of the building are up, the front of the building should be completed today and the walls dividing the classrooms are half way up and will be done this week also. Then all we have left in that building will be the doors, glass in windows and plastering the walls. The Lord is so good. We thought we would have to send the fundis home early for we did not have enough sand or bricks and the road is too bad for trucks to come down to the sight. The last truck got stuck and it took close to 5 hours just to get up the road. Then, Janet found some bricks she is hauling with her pick-up and about 6:30 the other night, 2 trucks of sand came and we unloaded it where we had some other sand sitting up on top of the property. We are expecting to more loads coming this week. It always amazes me how the Lord tests our faith in Him and He comes through when we need it most and just in time.

Sabbath evening, Nov 14 around 7:00, two of our Bible Workers – Delilah and Jamila, were on their way home and was passing on a trail next to our property. They came across a lady sitting on the ground, crying and saying she can’t get up. She said she was visiting her husband who was in jail. One of the girls stayed with her while the other came for help. After talking with Baraza, our translator he told me about it. Janet was busy with a carpenter who was measuring our windows so that he can make windows that will open and close. I went to her and told her. She got in her truck and went down to the end of the trail that the lady was sitting on. Upon arriving she looked at the ankle and it was quite swollen and she decided to take her to the hospital. The girl cried all the way there saying who is going to take care of her children while her husband was in jail (she has three children). Upon arriving at the hospital the doctor said they would x-ray the ankle in the morning. At the same time we had send a message to her family. Early the next morning the family came to find out more information and they thanked us very much and went on to the hospital to see the girl.

Well that’s it for now, signing off from Mago….

Deniece

No comments:

Post a Comment