Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Am I Lonely?

Lonely – as described in the Oxford Advanced Learner’s Dictionary (I don’t have Webster’s Dictionary, which I prefer) describes lonely as “being unhappy because you have no friends or people to talk to. That does not describe me because Janet is here and we talk sometimes, Baraza who is our translator – I talk with him sometimes and his wife, Mariam, also speaks a little English. So in that manner I am not “lonely”. I am lonely when I think of my friends and family that I would talk to regularly and I miss them and that is when I get “lonely”. I think reminiscing is good for the soul if you don’t let it control you, and maybe it sounded like I have been. My apologies for any misunderstanding, yes I am lonely for my friends and family, but I don’t think I am “lonely” to the point of despair. I have been here only one month and I am sure that in time I will adjust. When I was at Andrews, I remember seeing a sign that had a picture of someone by themselves and it said something along the line of - I may be lonely, but I am never alone; meaning that Jesus was always there. This is how I feel. I have been talking more and more with Him because I am by myself a lot. In this manner, this is a good thing.

Enough of that “philosophy” and on with other news; construction has started on our school and I am getting pictures but I can’t include them in the blogs. I will be putting together a power point presentation using them to show to when I come home. Anyway, the ditches for the footers are pretty well dug and now the rest of the ground is being leveled. Once the footers are poured and the bricks are starting to be laid, I was told that these guys are good and that the building will go up fast. We need to get water to them, so Janet has just left to go get some “inexpensive” piping to tie into our current water system that we drink to get water to the construction site. We have to go to Dar to pay and get the better kind and we just don’t have time now, so we are doing something temporary until we can.

With campmeeting going on, either Baraza or Janet fixes breakfast and I have been getting lunch. There are only four of us eating so that isn’t too bad. Supper is generally leftovers or Baraza will fix something for him and Disma. Janet and I generally do not eat supper.

Some of you who have my gmail account please email me. I have recently set up Outlook and the contacts did not carry over. So I need to reset them up. Thank you. Also, please do not send pictures, that just slows down the system and also takes a lot of megabytes to download which turns into money lost with my system over here, just text please.

Bye for now from Mago…

Deniece

No comments:

Post a Comment