Friday, December 31, 2010

Home At Last!

We are home at last. Janet, of course went home a week before I did. My flight on the following Tuesday was canceled Tuesday Morning because of a snow storm hitting London, England (which was where I was to fly into from Dar Es Salaam). Janet called at 4:00 am Dar time to let me know. My ride to Kibidula was leaving in 5:00 am and British Air's office did not open until 8:00 am. What should I do. The only thing I could do was to pray and wait. I could have gone back to Kibidula, but then I couldn't have gone to British Air (BA) to reschedule. What a perdicument. Anyway, I prayed and let the Lord open and close doors as He saw fit. I went to BA and she said it didn't look good and to come back at 2:00. Well, I was bored at 10:00 am and decided to go back to BA. She had found something - when she got off the phone she said she found a flight leaving on the 24th and arriving on the 25th. She said she was trying to find something sooner and did find something going into Zurich, Switzerland but couldn't find a flight from there. Anyway, to make a long story short, she finally got me a flight leaving on the 23rd going into Zurich, a flight from Zurich going into Frankfurt, Germany and then the last leg leaving Frankfurt coming into Denver on the 24th. This was just 1 day difference from the original flight.

While staying in Dar the two days waiting for my flight, the power went off on the first day for about 12-13 hours and it was hot. We didn't have air but we did have a ceiling fan to move the air. Well that stopped working - this with the high temperature and the high humidity made life miserable. But, God is good. It rained also, and that cooled things down some.

Upon arriving home, my friends here at EVI had "cleaned" my house and made a welcome home sign and also left me some fresh fruit. They had also left me some left overs from their Christmas dinner they had on the 23rd.

I do miss my "home" in Africa but I am glad to be home in Colorado; even if we are getting snow at this time.

So long from Colorado...

Deniece

No comments:

Post a Comment