Sunday, October 24, 2010

Almost Complete

Well it is Saturday evening and we are showing the Jesus video again. Three of our sewing girls came and requested it, so we are showing it for the second time this year. We also have been having quite a few of the village young people coming to our video night so this is a good video to show. We have been showing videos every Saturday night; we have been showing Planet Earth to them and they enjoy looking at the various different animal species and the habits.

We have now only 5 fundis to finish the work. We were told on Friday that two of them will be leaving which will leave us with 3 to finish the jobs. The five are trying to finish the boy's bath house/toilet building and the septic tank that goes with it. After that is done all that is left to do is a 2 stall bathroom with septic and a septic that goes to a staff house. When these jobs are completed then all the fundis will leave. We have a plumber coming on Monday to connect to the 2" pipe line which we installed last year. The pipe we are tying in with will go to the dorm and the Bauman's house. We will then install the hot water tank that we will have at the dorm. We will have a fire built under it to heat the water. We will also install the drainage pipe at the girl's dorm to go to the septic. When this is done we will move the girls up to the dorm. Hopefully this will take place within the next week or two. We still need to paint the boy's dorm and the girl's dorm is half way painted. Time is running down and we still have lots to do. I am completed through September with the finances. I told Janet I need to work on October because of the time left to work here. In November she is planning on taking the staff to Kibidula to a series of meetings by James Raferty of Light Bearers ministry. I am hoping while there to get the help of the girl who helped me last year with the books; so that I won't have to go later in December. My flight leaves on December 22. Janet still hasn't gotten her flight yet. Frank said he was going to try and get her on my flight but she doesn't want to wait that long. I said if she gets a flight earlier in December I would like to change my flight also to come home a little earlier. She said she would email Butler travel and have her check. I am not sure what will happen but I want to get the books completed to a point so that it won't take a lot to finish.

Here is a quote from Desire of Ages which has me thinking alot lately and I pray that you will see the importance of it also: "He who would confess Christ must have Christ abiding in him. He cannot communicate that which he has not received. The disciples might speak fluently on doctrines, they might repeat the words of Christ Himself; but unless they possessed Christlike meekness and love, they were not confessing Him. A spirit contrary to the spirit of Christ would deny Him, whatever the profession. Men may deny Christ by evilspeaking, by foolish talking, by words that are untruthful or unkind. They may deny Him by shunning life's burdens, by the pursuit of sinful pleasure. They may deny Him by conforming to the world, by uncourteous behavior, by the love of their own opinions, by justifying self, by cherishing doubt, borrowing trouble, and dwelling in darkness. In all these ways they declare that Christ is not in them. And "whosoever shall deny Me before men," He says, "him will I also deny before My Father which is in heaven." {DA 357.2}

I also pray that you will contemplate on these things and examine yourselves.

Signing off from Mago, Tanzania…

Deniece

2 comments:

  1. Dad told me he bought her a ticket for December 14 and that he bought it outright. angela

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I bought it outright because there were no more seats on your flight. If you are going to come earlier, you'd better move on it now, because there not many seats available. Frank

    ReplyDelete