Sunday, April 4, 2010

Back to Africa

Well, I have l month before I leave for Africa. Janet and Frank is there now and I think Frank is due back on April 8 and Janet may stay in Africa. She ordered a container before she left and it should arrive this week. She also purchased a new John Deer tractor with 4 implements to put in the container for us to use over there. The tractor will surely cut our work short, for sure. The EVI church had donated some of their church pews for us over there and they will be going into the container also, with a "few" other items that will be put in for us over there. I am making ends for the pews for we will be cutting them in half for our small church and so the ends will be used to cap off the cut end of the pew; and I am almost done with what I need to do with them here. I am going to meet up with a family at the London airport who Janet had made arrangments with before she left that will be coming with me to Africa and will stay and help for about a month. I think there will be the mother and two of her sons. I am thankful because I have not traveled overseas by myself before and sometimes, I fear, that it can be intimidating to go through customs and all. Anyway, I am looking forward to arriving and getting to work over there.

In my last blog someone made a comment that they wanted me to post pictures of Baraza and Mariam's baby "Isaiah". I can attach them now, but when I get over there I cannot for it takes up so much time and memory on dial up internet. So below are some pictures of Isaiah.








I will try and post at least one more blog before leaving, possibly two, depending on how busy I get between now and then.

Signing off from EVI, CO
Deniece

1 comment: