Thursday, June 18, 2009

Hello, this is the first, hopefully of many posts to this blog.

The time is drawing nearer when Janet will be home from Tanzania. She is right now trying to get my work visa. I have faxed her all that she has requested and am waiting to hear if she needs anything else. She will arrive on the 28th of July. We will be going to ASI Convention on August 5-10. Then the last weeks in August will be filled with purchasing things, packing, and getting things ready for our return to Tanzania.

This will be my first time to Africa. I am looking forward to the experience of not just working with Janet, but also of working with the people over there. I am also excited and looking forward to the adventure of living in Africa and working for the Lord in a country far removed from everyday conveniences that we experience here.

The Lord is blessing and I have started to receive funds for my trip. I still need more, and am trusting that He will bring to me just what I need; trusting Him daily for His guidance and direction.

I am hoping that I will be able to post an entry every week to two weeks on the blog while I am still here in the US, but will be doing a daily blog entry while I am at Mago, Tanzania.

Deniece

3 comments:

  1. You did it! Great job. It's nice to know we will be able find out such things as dates when mom will be coming home from Africa, etc...
    "I will be her Financial Manager, communicator to the outside world with this blog, teach conversational English and most every thing else she needs me to do." LOL! You will be doing a whole of stuff you never thought of before :)

    When someone talks to her, can we find out how Miriam is doing with her pregnancy?

    Blessings,
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hurray! It was so nice to see a post on this blog. So nice to hear about the work and my mom! It is always so eerily silent from that end of the world! I hope things go well and you are able to go soon! I'm so glad you are going to help my mom!
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  3. i am very happy to be able to read the entries that will involve the work janet accomplishes - i also am very much aware of the dislike she has in writting - i agree with her daughters and i must also add you will grow stronger spiritually in working close with Janet as she is an amazing woman and a strong Christian - i thank her and Frank for introducing me to the truth many many years ago -

    Jo

    ReplyDelete